Planning for construction is underway!
With much thanks to Adams Township, Ligo Architect and WK Thomas & Associates, MHY will begin preparing for renovations and remodeling of facility space in order to re-open its Girls Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) program. . This extensive renovation project will convert a 2-story floor plan of the designated space on the MHY campus to a one-story living space to accommodate an 8-bed, single room unit for females age 12-17. Facility needs include the following:
- Install a living room on floor with bedrooms
- Install a kitchen area on floor with bedrooms
- Renovate sensory room to allow for quiet, calming environment
- New flooring and new lighting
- Move walls to create single rooms from doubles
- Ensure bathrooms/showers are accessible from bedrooms
- Replace windows with shatterproof glass
- Replace appliances or hardware that could potentially become used for self-harm
The Girls RTF will have group, family and individual therapy in addition to psychoeducation and therapeutic recreation. Following the trauma-informed care model, therapeutic interventions address and treat trauma experiences, including behavioral health disorders, abuse and neglect. Treatment is provided by a highly qualified staff, including licensed clinicians and medical staff. The Girls RTF program will focus on gender specific programming for girls, increase individual sessions, increased meeting with Psychiatrist, and family sessions occurring in the home. Particular attention will be paid to evidence-based treatment (TF-CBT) for individual therapy; group therapy that is evidenced based will include Voices, Being a Pro, and Aggression Replacement Training (ART).
MHY continues to welcome all those interested in learning about partnership and sponsorship opportunities to support the creation of a safe, nurturing environment for the girls who need care.
Join us today and help our community’s youth.